Happit Hitchhiker´s Guide for the Best ECS Experience
May 15, 2019
Make the most out of your ECS experience in Wiesbaden. The largest conference in the spring that focuses on Microsoft technologies is just behind the corner. The European Collaboration Summit 2019 will be held between the 27th and the 29th of May. After a few busy months of event preparations; it’s finally time to get our bags ready and head towards Wiesbaden. We are ready to start meeting, mixing and mingling with world-leading experts, experienced companies and young startups during this three-day-event; where we will raise high the flag of User Adoption. (Click the link and get our User Adoption eBook for Free)
To make the most out of your ECS experience, we have come up with a check list of the most vital things you need to get ready for the #collabsummit. But before we go throw the list, it’s good to emphasize the uniqueness of European Collaboration Summit a little bit.
The most important thing is; ECS is an event that gathers sponsors, visitor, world-leading experts and speakers to share their passion about Microsoft technologies. Therefore, we can say that ECS is a three-day-experience (four if you stay till Thursday) full of great opportunities to learn, network and boost your business. In a nutshell:
“ECS is the largest community-driven conference focusing on Microsoft’s products like Office 365, Azure, SharePoint, Exchange, Skype, and Project in Europe, with an expected attendance of a thousand people.”
So, be ready because there will be a lot of things happening, with loads of tech energy at the venue. The best thing you can do to make the most out of your ECS experience is; get prepared in advance. Here’s our check list. Enjoy!
#1 Don´t PANIC…
There are always some typical things in conferences that can go wrong or get on our nerves, so here are few tips to avoid the event frustration. The best thing you can do here is to download the event app (COLLABSUMMIT APP). Seriously, download it now! It will make your life much more easier.
- Find your way easily at the venue. Use the Venue Floor Map on the app to find speaker stages, food areas, restrooms as well as the sponsor booths you want to visit.
- Ensure you have extra battery or power bank to charge your computer and mobile devices.
- Remember to have enough business cards with you or get an app to share and collect digital cards.
- Practice your pitch. Nobody likes a boring and stumbling mumble of your product features. So, practice how to tell the value of your product/service; this way, you don’t cause frustration either.
- Check out how to get to the venue from the app and come early.
#2. Explore NEW LEARNING opportunities
Like we said before, the summit will have the best people in the industry and experts to learn from. However; it’s not only about the sessions, of course these are the focal point to get new insights. But it is also about getting to know other curious minds as well. Networking is the key here as well, so take your time to meet as many people as you can. As Douglas Adams points out in the Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
- Check out the agenda and plan your days in advance so you don’t miss any of the key notes or interesting sessions. For User Adoption; we recommend the following sessions:
- What makes a high-performance team?; by Artur Tomczak, Experts Inside and by JP Wirta, Happit
- Supercharge your Teams adoption with apps that deliver for use cases which span across and beyond O365; by Markus Alt, Chief Technology Evangelist at K2Europe
- The fifty shades of user adoption; by Jussi Mori, Happit
- How Microsoft does IT: adopt and embrace Microsoft Teams. Lessons learned; by Laurie Pottmayer, Microsoft
- Use the event app to schedule meetings with the people that are the most important to you.
- This is easier with the app which allows you to build your own agenda. (Pro tip: you can also see who else is attending to the sessions making it fun to start conversations with others)
- Make notes about the sessions to share with your colleagues afterwards.
- Get people to reach out to you by introducing yourself in the “community” section of the app. Tell what are your interests and what kind of people would you like to meet.
- Make sure you have time to visit sponsor booths to learn what’s new there (…psst, VISIT Happit; our booth is number 48. Stop by to say hello and get your Happit T-shirt; it is your ticket to our Epic BBQ)
- Ask about side events (Like our EPIC BBQ register now) and any other networking gatherings to get to know people more casually.
3. Bring your HAPPIEST attitude with you
As rewarding as it is; a three-day-event and absorbing all the new information is exhausting for anyone. So, the final tips are related to making sure you stay positive and keep your energy levels up during these long days.
- Think what are your main goals for the event. Spend your time on the most interesting things for you; and save your time in case you run into irrelevant conversations.
- The queues can be long at the venue so make sure you have drink and snacks with. Also remember to take enough breaks between pitching/visiting booths.
- Be excited about what you are selling/promoting. Good vibes will catch the visitors attention; also you will have more fun.
- Follow social media and share the good mood. Post interesting content/pics/videos/posts before & after. Everyone will love it. At Happit we want to spread the good-vibes so post your happy moments from Wiesbaden with the hashtag #HappiTimes and well share it forward to others as well.
Have a great summit! We are HAPPIT to see you soon in Wiesbaden.
DON´T FORGET TO BRING YOUR BLUE T-SHIRT; IT WILL BE YOUR TICKET TO OUR EPIC HAPPIT BBQ. REGISTER HERE THROUGH EVENTBRITE