#HappiTips to ensure best #ESPC18 experience
November 25, 2018
The Europe’s biggest conference focusing on Microsoft technologies is just behind the corner as European SharePoint Conference will be held on November 27–29 in Copenhagen. Often we get carried away of our work assignments and customer projects and forget to prepare in time for getting the most of these events.
But now worries! We prepared you a last minute list to shift your thoughts to the beautiful town of Tivol and Little Marmeid and start building the expectations of meeting world-leading industry experts, technology giants and innovative startups during this three-day-event.
To make your ESPC experience the best possible, we collected a check list of most vital things to get prepared for the conference. Here’s our check list. Enjoy!
#1 Prevent FRUSTRATION
There are always some typical things in conferences that can go wrong or get on our nerves, so here are few tips to avoid the event frustration. The best thing you can do here is to download the event app (Whova). Seriously, download it now! It will make your life much easier and it is great for making connections.
- Find your way easily at the venue. Use the Venue Floor Map on the app to find speaker stages, food areas, restrooms as well as the sponsor booths you want to visit.
- Ensure you have extra battery or power bank to charge your computer and mobile devices.
- Remember to have enough business cards with you
- Practice your pitch. Nobody likes a boring and stumbling mumble of your product features, so practice to tell the value of your product/service, so that we don’t cause frustration by our self either.
- Check out how to get to the venue from the app and come early.
#2 Exploit LEARNING opportunities
As said, the conference will have the best offering of experts from whom to learn a lot. But it’s not only the sessions that provides new insights. Instead networking is the key here as well.
- Use the event app to schedule meeting with the people that are the most important to you.
- Check out agenda and plan your days beforehand so that you don’t miss out the key notes or interesting sessions. This is easiest again with the app which allows you to build your own agenda easily. We selected some of the best in area of user adoption for you
- The Impact of Digital Literacy on Office 365 User Adoption
- The Future of the Modern Workplace and Office 365
- (Pro tip: you can also see who else is attending to the sessions making it fun to start conversations with others)
- Make notes about the sessions to share them with your colleagues afterwards.
- To get people to reach out to you, introduce yourself by going to “community” section of the app and tell what are your interests and what kind of people would you like to meet. And share your moments on Twitter with #ESPC18 hashtag!
- Make sure you have time to visit sponsor booths to learn what’s new there (…psst, our Happit booth is number 50, so stop by to say hello, get the coolest swag in town and be part of the raffle for Nintendo Switch)
- Ask about the side events and other networking gatherings to get to know more people more casually.
#3 Share HAPPITNESS
As fruitful as it is, a three-day-event and absorbing all the new information is exhausting for anyone. So the final tips are related to making sure you stay positive and keep your energy levels up during the long days.
- Think what is your main goals for the event, so that you spend your time for the most interesting things for you and also save your time if you ran into irrelevant conversations.
- The queues can be long at the venue so make sure you have drink and snacks with. Also remember to take enough breaks when pitching at the booth.
- Be excited about what you are selling/promoting. Good vibes will catch the visitors and you will have more fun at your booth.
- Follow social media and share good mood. Post interesting content/pics/videos/posts before & after. Everyone will love it. At Happit we want to spread goodwill so post your happy moments from Copenhagen with a hashtag #HappiTimes and we’ll share it to others as well.
Have a great conference! We are HAPPI to see you soon in Copenhagen.